After a seemingly endless torrent of teasers, the all-new Pioneer CDJ-3000 is finally here. A full four years since the launch of its predecessor – the hugely successful CDJ-2000NXS2 – the Pioneer CDJ-3000 looks set to take the torch as the new industry standard for high-profile performers.
Inside and out, the new media player from Pioneer is the most advanced the company has come up with to date. It follows a long line of breakthrough devices from Pioneer, beginning all the way back in 1994 with the CDJ-500. The subsequent CDJ-1000 brought a series of new features and functionalities to the table, followed by the breakthrough CDJ-2000 which introduced USB media support and Pro DJ LINK.
Given first impressions alone, it’s looking like the CDJ-3000 is far more than an evolution on the traits and qualities of its predecessor.
Engineered for the Discerning DJ
“The CDJ has evolved significantly since the 1990s. And, while the CDJ-3000 is in many ways unrecognizable from the early units, it retains the ambition and purpose that have always driven the CDJ range: to provide you with an intuitive, great-feeling interface that gives you the power to manipulate the music any way you can think of (and in some ways you might not have imagined).” – Pioneer DJ
The centrepiece on the whole thing is (of course) that enormous 9-inch touch screen, which boasts enhanced brightness and higher resolution than that of the CDJ-2000. New features like Touch Preview or Touch Cue are expected to become essentials for the discerning DJ, as is the inclusion of a high-power MPU unit with hardcore processing capabilities for the very first time.
Key functionalities of the Pioneer CDJ-3000 include the following:
- New Advanced MPU – faster unit with greater stability enables the introduction of more functionalities
- Pro DJ Link with Gigabit Ethernet connection – The Gigabit Ethernet connection for Pro DJ Link allows you to share and play audio files from USB devices and SD cards
- New Readable Screen More – screen brightness has been boosted by more than 150% compared to previous Pioneer DJ devices
- Robust Build Quality– High-quality aluminium top plate; redesigned Play, Cue and Hot Cue buttons; V-Lock power cord and more
- Touch Preview – Listen in on any part of the audio track without having to load it into the player. Functionality can be extended to other CDJ-3000 devices using PRO DJ Link.
- Touch Cue – When listening to any part of the currently playing track, Pro DJ Link Touch Cue allows you to listen to different parts of the track on other players.
- Stacked Waveform – View an enlarged track waveform and the progress of a mixed track.
- Support for 3Band Waveform – visualisation of the track with different colours (volume differences, frequency bands) in the files analysed by RekordBox software on the shape and appearance of the wave. 3Band Waveform is an addition to the previous RGB and Blue options.
The Ultimate DJ Experience
“When you’re performing, you need to know the decks can make your creative vision a reality and handle everything you throw at them. We’ve designed the CDJ-3000 to do that and more. The new MPU in the unit is the first we’ve ever put in a CDJ. It drives the unit, delivering stable performance and enabling advanced new features, and it works with the other parts of the player to create a smoother DJ experience.” – Pioneer DJ
The spec-sheet for the new controller reads like a checklist everything you need for the ultimate high-end DJ experience.
Here’s a brief rundown of the CDJ-3000’s primary specifications:
- Playable media SD memory cards: USB sticks and drives, PC / Mac, iPhone
- Playable files: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless (Sampling: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz ,: 16 / 24bit) MP3 (Sampling: 44.1 / 48 kHz, Bit: 16 bit), AAC (Sampling: 44.1 / 48 kHz, Bit: 16 bit)
- USB – supported file formats FAT16, FAT32, HFS +
- Software: RekordBox
- 4 Hz to 40 kHz frequency response
- Signal / Noise: 115 dB or more
- THD: 0.0018% or less
- Analog (RCA) output jacks x 1
- Digital (RCA coaxial) x 1
- USB ports USB (Type A) × 1
- USB (Type B) × 1
- Other LAN (1000Base-T) x 1
- Power supply AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption 40 W
- Dimensions 329 x 453 x 118 mm
- Weight 5.5 kg
- Included accessories: Power cord (V-lock * 1), Digital audio cable, Analog audio cable, LAN cable
At djkit, we’re now taking orders for the CDJ-3000 at a guaranteed low price of £2,169 or £4,299 for a pair (0% DJ finance options available).
“You pour your heart into your DJ sets, so all your hard work and creativity deserves to be felt by your audience. The crowd will hear your tracks, and every nuance of your performance, in rich detail thanks to the brand-new audio design in the CDJ-3000.” – Pioneer DJ